Monday, November 14, 2011

Abu Dhabi Gp : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes

Fernando Alonso(5th) :
"To be honest, we are where we expected. It is not because it's the eighth time I called in fifth position I say this, but because Since the beginning of the season, McLaren are, with few exceptions, always before us in qualifying. But on Sunday, the gaps are closing and get better performance for us compared to others. We know we can play podium, but to do so, we will all make perfect, starting abide by our strategy and take good start. In Q3, I thought only one thing, to qualify by making the fewest laps possible. But when I missed in my first round, we took the decision to re-enlist with a new run. But I do not think it would changed many things ... The degradation of rubber does not seem be very important, that is why the start will be important to continue a steady pace throughout the race. I'm going from the clean side of the track, which will allow me to try to win tickets. In terms of our front wing, the team decided to mount it on the car of Felipe [Massa] and only his. Basically, Contrary to what people might think, it's not a bad thing, since we have two sets of data, instead of me too if I had the new front wing in the race.
Tomorrow we will start the race day and night to finish it, it will be interesting behavior Pirelli for the duration of the race."
Felipe Massa(6th): 
"To be honest, I expected better of those qualifications ... I struggled with my gum in my first round, perhaps would it have been interesting to make some more laps to see if performance would increase ... As so often this season, Red Bull dominates and is followed closely by McLaren, who showed a clear advantage on us today. In the end, we are as it were our usual positions of the 2011 season. I have and I will have a new spoiler on my car tomorrow. It is really a improvement. When I tested in India I really felt the difference, especially under braking when stability was better. Tomorrow we will do our best and we will try to use the DRS to good wisely, but its effectiveness may not be not be as hoped ... "

No comments:

Post a Comment