Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bahrain GP : Alonso and Massa Saturday quotes

Fernando Alonso: "it's really a good thing to do a good result during qualifications which is our Achilles heel and this is the third time this year that we are in the top three.
Usually, the Sunday is much better for us with a good race pace. The observed data of the long relay on Friday lead us to believe that we can be optimistic for the race on our main opponents who are Vettel and Red Bull and Lotus.
Raikkonen is behind us on the grid, but they will certainly be present in the race. Because the penalties for Hamilton and Webber, Massa will start 4th and it's quite good to not have Hamilton beside me tomorrow !
We do not know what will be the best strategy for tomorrow, it is impossible to make predictions but I think that we will have to manage the tires, this parameter might play in our favor because we were more uncomfortable with this weekend."

Felipe Massa: "I am very pleased with the outcome of this qualification because we made the decision to take a risk in Q3 and change our strategy and I think it is a good solution.
With medium tires I didn't feel able to fight with the first places because the car had very little grip especially on the back.
The choice of hard tires could immerse myself further in the rankings but I preferred to roll with tires or I felt more comfortable knowing that thanks to penalties of Webber and Hamilton I would leave 4th and therefore from the second line, I am alongside the leaders.
From there is an advantage, but to see a good race it will be vital to find the best strategy and make sure everything works perfectly."

No comments:

Post a Comment