Thursday, June 13, 2013

Canada GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

*Fernando Alonso: "this second place has the taste of a victory at the end of a very difficult weekend because we were competitive and we managed to battle with the front drivers.
With them, you can fight about feeling safe, even at 320 km/h wheel in wheel, they are intelligent and have the necessary experience to keep a sufficient safety margin.
The overtakings on both Mercedes are almost identical, the manoeuvre on Hamilton seemed more intense because we were on the same pace while on Rosberg I had an advantage with my mediums tires while he was in super soft.
In terms of points, it is a super result, however we had Vettel before us who was untouchable and he deserves the victory and although he increased his lead, the Championship will be long and there is still many races to come .
I do not know if I could have done better in higher starting, but qualifications in the wet is also a weak point, it is an aspect on which we must improve ourselves, and we work very hard on this track and the plant."

*Felipe Massa: "I am very pleased with my racetoday which was a nice battle from the beginning to the end. After getting out of the track yesterday, I knew that this would not be an easy starting 16th but, I knew also that I had a good car and I discussed the race by attacking, which allowed me to make several cost overruns.
However, due to a problem of graining, I lost valuable time behind Sutil and this is why I thought that a strategy based on the use of two sets of medium tyres would make me win one or two positions. Even if I can't be satisfied with this result, it is still positive , we showed a good pace and we were able to battle . Now, I turned to the next race, I am confident for Silverstone which is very similar to Shanghai and Barcelona, where our car was very powerful."

No comments:

Post a Comment