Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Canada GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso :
"Nothing was wrong as soon as we saw it was raining this morning. We have done our best qualifying of the year but we had a start behind the safety car. When I felt that for me the intermediaries were the best tires, rain arrived just as the red flag. Those who had not yet changed they could do without it costing them anything. Then there was the duel with Button after which I had to leave the car on the side, I could not leave. It's a shame because today we had a good race pace but we were unlucky. This is not a feeling but a fact, when you do not score points, you should immediately turn the page and look towards the next race. I think we can do well in Valencia because it is another circuit that should suit our car, as here.
The championship is not finished yet but we must now rely on the mistakes of others to have hope. Our performance was good here, especially because of the characteristics of the circuit but also with these improvements. We must stand tall and be confident in our abilities and hard work."
Felipe Massa :
"Obviously I can not be happy with that sixth place, given the potential we had. My chances of finishing on the podium and to fight for victory evaporated when I have exceeded Karthikeyan. It was slow and the dry line, I had to go on the wet and I touched the barrier because I lost control of the car. With the safety car following behind my back I could and eventually I managed to exceed Kobayashi in the last meters to finish sixth. It is useless to deny that I'm angry, we qualified in the top 3 yesterday and after the race start our hopes were ended! However, I must say I am happy with the performance level of the car, which was fast with both intermediate wet tires that, even if they have given me some difficulties. Now we go to Valencia, we can be competitive there, given the characteristics that are close by, we'll have the tires tested on Friday, and we'll see what it will give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment