Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monaco GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso :
"This is my best result this year and I think it is very important, especially for the team. A podium was necessary, we fight for victory at the end of the race. Of course, this remains an unusual circuit and we should not draw conclusions from a race which is always so special. We must reduce the gap that separates us from the best: in Canada, we have improvements on the car and we hope they prove useful. I made a good start today if there had been a little more space, maybe I could do the same in Spain. Then I tried to keep my tires before attacking Vettel at the very end of the race, but then the red flag is dropped and it was all over, with new tires because it was impossible to beat. Unfortunately, these things can happen here and this is part of the character of this Grand Prix.
We must be satisfied with this outcome and look with confidence to Montreal and Valencia, two races where we were well last year. The gap in the championship is great, but there is still a long way to go before the end of the season."
Felipe Massa :
"I am very disappointed with how my race was over. After Hamilton had tried to pass me at Loews, which is where it is impossible to overtake, he hit me and pushed me into Webber. The car was not good and I could not drive it properly, which is why I was inside when entering the tunnel. This placed me on the dirty side of the track and then I finished my race in the barriers.
Initially, I had a good flight, but the first corner I found myself with Webber and Fernando [Alonso] before me: I was outside and Rosberg managed to pass me on the inside. That means I missed the train that would have kept in contact with the leaders because I spent too much time behind the Mercedes German. Today we were competitive and, given the way things happened, I could have finished fourth. Now we head to Canada, where we hope to have a car capable of fighting, as was the case here.

No comments:

Post a Comment