Monday, November 26, 2012

Brazil Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: "if we had the opportunity to remake the season I wouldn't change anything because we did not make any error, we have had no mechanical problems, no worries at the stands and not strategic errors. We have not lost the title today, it's because of what happened to Spa or Suzuka because we could finish the season with more points even though we know we have won by many more on other tracks. I am proud of the work I've done this year, like last year when I finished 4th and still I fought until the end, the situation is different from that of Abu Dhabi in 2010, because there was a big frustration at the time because we had the situation in our hands while here we have done our best and we did a great race. We have worked a lot, these efforts have paid and today they can be proud of what they have done, because even today the work was impeccable and we finished on the podium after to be slender on the fourth line, still so another miracle on Sunday. The team kept me informed of the status of Vettel and end-of-race I hoped that something would happen to him or Button, this would have allowed us to achieve our goals, but that not happened and we have to accept the outcome of the race. What for 2013? It's easy, a faster car but especially a team also determined, hardworking and professional because we have met our initial difficulties with class. We have perhaps failed to achieve the level of performance of the best, but we worked very hard , so I repeat, I am proud and happy, and now is the time to rest a bit." 


* Felipe Massa: "it was very moving for me to be on the podium in my homerace in front of my fans , I cried like a baby thinking about the difficulties of this season, which has been disastrous at the start and then superb late-season, I managed to make beautiful performances even when the car was not perfect. I go at the end of things and this even if the car was not faster than our rivals, we should be proud of what we have done because today the race was difficult and so many things have happened, it was not easy to keep the tires in temperatures especially with these changing conditions. For example, when it started to rain we decided to stay on the track, but we stayed too long probably. And then I was at the eleventh place, and I began to overtake many pilots, and who knows, I may be able to be in the race for the victory today. The team was informed at any time of the situation and what might be useful to help Alonso, I think have done good things for the team and the fans."

No comments:

Post a Comment