Saturday, September 7, 2013

Belgium GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes



Fernando Alonso : "today's result shows that the qualifying session did not affect the outcome of the race because I think that even starting from pole position I would have finished second because Vettel was faster and that from the start .We made overtakings from the start and cornering, then I was able to pass Rosberg and Hamilton, I was six seconds from Vettel but the final delay is 16 seconds so that we can only congratulate Vettel and his team for the work done.The car worked well in all conditions including with many or less fuel, we had the extra speed that we wanted to be able to exceed without losing too much time.We know that we made a step forward and that we have recovered part of the competitiveness lost during the last races. At Monza and Singapore we will see what will give the suite of development because updates used here worked well, but they were intended that this circuit, it is the results of intense work of 24 / 24 on the track and in the factory. This makes us optimistic for the end of the Championship, because our goal is always the same, namely to fight for the title until the last race."



Felipe Massa: "it was a difficult race for me from the early laps because after making a good start, I had to slow down and lose four or five positions to avoid a collision with Grosjean out of the first corner. From there, things complicated because for a few laps, I had a problem with the steering wheel linked to the functioning of the KERS, I couldn't communicate with the team.When everything was back to normal, it was not easy to catch up, because even if the decision to anticipate my first stop allowed me to overtake several cars, the pace was not good. During the last stint with the hard tyres, the car was very competitive and I managed to win some important places, with a pretty passing on Grosjean. I can't really be happy with seventh place, because today, our car deserved better. However, the fact that we are more competitive than in the remaining races makes me think that we are working in the right direction and we hope to make progress throughout the second part of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment