Monday, July 25, 2011

Silverstone GP : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes

Fernando Alonso :
"It's really wonderful, the team has done incredible work and I dedicate this victory to everyone in Maranello, as well as the track that my driver's license, as Felipe with a good car. It's very special to win here because this track is legendary Silverstone, especially the fans who love both cars. In addition, the characteristics of here were not suited to our car, but it is clear that the changes were very helpful. At first it was not easy to control because some portions of the circuit was very wet and others were dry or slightly damp. There were difficult moments, as when Hamilton passed me, but we stayed very calm, confident that we could gain an advantage later, I realized that I could only win when I got back on track after the last pit stops. It is obvious that the problem of Vettel in the stands has greatly contributed to this result, like the fact that Lewis Hamilton could contain both Red Bull behind him for several laps, but I must say that on a dry track we were really strong. Earlier in the day, I had the privilege of driving the 375 F1 and then a few hours later, I won the same race, 60 years after Ferrari\u0026#39;s first victory was here, nothing has changed since time, the passion is the same. We are going to Germany with the morale up, Red Bull is still the best car, but the improvements we make to help us fight, more than at the beginning of the season, we did not discouraged, but we responded, now we are reaping the fruits of labor."
Felipe Massa :
"I congratulate Fernando [Alonso] who made a great race today. Celebrating 60 years of Ferrari's first victory with a win, it's magic. Qualifying race as we become more efficient, and it is a very good thing. I did not have a good rhythm today, I do not know why ... the end of the race the team told me that I could still catch up with Lewis [Hamilton], who had reduced his pace so as not to fail gasoline. I do my best to go as long as I could."

No comments:

Post a Comment