Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Germany Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: "it was a very tight race from the beginning to the end and we didn't have the fastest car because it seems that the McLaren and Red Bull were a little better than us . The team took a few strategic decisions at the right moment and I knew that I had to focus on the turn n°6 to defend my position using the KERS. In the third sector there was no place for overruns so I tried as much as possible to manage the tyres and I think I was more calm compared to the team in the garage and on the wall, and the tifosis which were before the TV. When I recall our position at Jerez or Australia I would like to thank the team of Maranello for the fantastic work to reverse the situation. After the pole yesterday on the wet the car looked very strong and we have remained focusedtoday to avoid the problems of reliability or at the pitstops , I know that everything can switch so fast, but I can count on the best team that knows how to always get the best out of situations. I want to always give me 100%, working day and night to achieve my goals, I don't want to see someone in better condition than me in Hungary mentally or physically or just simply more motivated than me, I always wanted to be the first. I expect that the Budapest race goes well because we have no reason to be pessimistic. However I didn't forget that the Red Bull and the McLaren were fastest. I said that July would be crucial, so 75 points in four weeks it is possible we mark 43, we will try to finish the job in Hungary."


* Felipe Massa: "it was a very difficult race for me with a complicated start . I had made a good start when a Toro Rosso braked heavily before me, I couldn't do anything to avoid it I touched him and I lost my front wing . I lost so much time to return to the stands that my race was almost complete at the time, the tires yet worked well which corresponds to our expectations and therefore it is a shame, because once more today our car was competitive, as demonstrated by Alonso in a race to sign a very large and well deserved victory with directedwhich is extremely important for him and for the team. Obviously I am not happy with my day, but the fact that I can count on a c ar that will better continually the performance gives me confidence for the rest of the season. We need to improve the situation in qualifying to start better position on the grid, it is the best way to avoid problems as today. "I think that we will have a good pace in Hungary as was the case in the last races."

No comments:

Post a Comment