Monday, July 30, 2012

Hungary Gp : Alonso & Massa Saturday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: "we expected very difficult qualifications and this is what happened. We saw eight cars very competitive and therefore, nothing that join Q3 was difficult in itself. We did and we even managed to slightly improve the behaviour of the car in the last part, working on the pressure of the tires and the front spoiler. We have never managed the perfect tour, we lost tenths in a few turns handles. The wind was stronger than this morning and I think that he took a little everybody by surprise. Everything considered, the 6th place is not a bad result, far from it. It is true that the exceedances are not simple here but tomorrow it can still raining and we know that anything can change. There is the unknown factor concerning the behaviour of the tyres, because yesterday person has been able to really test on long term. We have to be very concentrated, particularly in how we manage the tires. On the dry track, we are not yet in a position to fight for the top positions and we are well aware of this. Usually, in the race, the situation improves and we hope to finish in the top 4 or 5 when we will take the chequered flag. Our goal will be to control our closest rival in the standings and we will begin before him. We will see the situation tomorrow night." 


* Felipe Massa: "it was not an easy qualification for the team and myself. Me and Fernando, we have failed to make a perfect tour, you can see because we were faster in Q2 and Q3. It is a pity in Q2 I had a good time and I expected to improve again, but unfortunately I was slower. I suddenly had less grip and a lot of oversteer, so now we need to understand why. It will be very hot tomorrow and it could also rain and therefore need to be prepared for any situation that will arise. We need to carefully consider the limited data that we have about the behavior of tires: we could see a significant deterioration of the software, which may be feeling a little more with the full of fuel. We must wait and see how things are in this long race tomorrow, I think that we still have a chance to fight for the podium, even if there is a very strong opposition. The Hungaroring was the scene of several important moments in my career, beginning with the 2008 engine failure which deprived me of a certain victory, followed a year later my accident. Many people here are close to me and continue to support me, then I am doubly disappointed because I wanted to reward with a good result this afternoon. We will try tomorrow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment