Monday, July 9, 2012

Silverstone Gp : Alonso & Massa Sunday quotes


* Fernando Alonso: 
"when you make the entire race as a leader and you are moving in second position a few laps before the end, you have a bitter taste in the mouth but after a moment, you think you're at the top of the WDB and you think that the score of the grand prix is very positive. 
We made four podiums in the last five races and there we missed us a bit to get the result we could have to install us at the top of the Championship. We are at an important stage in this Championship, is not there to win the title but anyone can start losing it and we are pleased to have gained ground on our main competitors. We must continue like this in the next races, trying to put together each time on the podium. Then, we must work on the top speed, especially for circuits such as SPA and Monza. We started the race with tires that would advantage us the best to accumulate as many possible advantages over rivals and be in a position of strength in the last relay. In Valencia we won during a week-end when Red Bull seemed unreachable and there we fought with them to the end. If Thursday afternoon we'd said us that we would come back with 18 points we would have signed. The Championship is still open: Red Bull is very strong, but we cannot forget McLaren because they had a bad weekend and Lotus there but as we have said, we are on the right track."


* Felipe Massa: 
"I had a good race and I am happy to have finally achieved a good result for me and the team. The situation is improving race after race and I am now able to fight for the podium, happened here everything as was possible in Montreal and Valencia, this means that the performance of today is no accident. It was not easy to choose good tires to start the race because we have little data. Fernando and I chose different options but I think that we do not have to complain us. I made a good start, then I was in a tight battle with Michael Schumacher and this made me lose time, this took advantage to Vettel who went before me in the first cases. My pace was similar to Vettel but I couldn't close me enough to think to attack him. End-of-course I thought best to protect me from Kimi (Editor's Note: Räikkönen) who was very fast and maybe he could have got me if there was some more laps . We must continue to work as hard as we can during these months and I am sure that the results will come. Is this enough to sign again a contract with Ferrari? I see no reason that would make that it could not happen, as I have said, the results will come."   

No comments:

Post a Comment